February 22, 2011

Cinnamon Toast



I know it seems ridiculous to post a recipe for cinnamon toast, but I’m just sharing what’s good, people! Plus the breakfast page was looking lonely on here. I saw this cinn toast method before on PW’s website and thought nothing of it. Meh, cinnamon toast.. I can make that without directions. But the other night I was craving something sweet and that PW cinn toast popped in my head. I ended up trying it the next morning, and let me tell you... it was D. Totes D. I’ve never made it this way before, but I’ll def be keeping this method for the future.

Just make it soon, okay? Don't roll your eyes at the thought of following cinn toast recipe like I did. K. Enjoy. Your welcome.

Makes 4 servings.
Cook time: 12 minutes


Ingredients:
  • 8 slices of bread
  • 1 stick (8 T) of salted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 c white granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • dash of nutmeg (optional)

Feel free to skip through the picture demonstration to get straight to the listed directions.























Place softened butter into a bowl and mash it all up. Add the cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg (if using). 
























Stir until completely combined.


Place the slices of bread onto a cookie sheet. Spread an equal amount of the cinnamon/sugar mixture onto each slice. Pop em in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn to broil and broil for a couple minutes or until golden brown and bubbly (I broiled mine for 2 minutes). 


Remove from oven. Try to wait a couple of second before removing them from the cookie sheet so you won't burn your fingers off.



Then cut each slice in half and cram them into your mouth.





Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the softened butter in a bowl and mash it up with a fork. Add the cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg (if using). Stir until completely combined.
  2. Place the slices of bread onto a cookie sheet. Spread an equal amount of spread onto each slice of bread. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the broiler on and broil until golden brown and bubbly (2-3 minutes). 
Suggestions:
  • Check out this link if you are looking to make a larger serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment