I first tried this tasty beverage at Buca di Beppo in Dallas at the beginning of the year. It was sour and sweet and I loved it. Hands down the best martini I’ve ever had. All the others I’ve tried have been olivey and blegh. Not very tasty, you know? Well this little gem is different. It’s just the right amount of sweet and you can hardly taste the Bacardi.
I searched google for the recipe on the way back from Dallas and finally found one here. I would suggest making your own lemon sour mix. I've made the martini with both store bought and homemade lemon sour and the homemade was much better. Please try it! Everyone that has loved it.
Makes 2 martinis.
- 1/4 lemon
- 2 T super fine sugar
- 2 oz Bacardi Limon
- 2 oz Bacardi Razz
- 5 oz lemon sour mix (recipe can be found at the bottom of this post)
- 8 or more fresh or frozen raspberries
Feel free to skip through the picture demonstration to get straight to the listed directions.
Add 1/4 lemon and 2 T of superfine sugar to a cocktail shaker and shake it up. If you don't have superfine sugar, you can place some white granulated sugar into a blender and pulse for a minute or so. Wait a minute before removing the top to the blender to allow the sugar dust to settle. Tada! Superfine sugar. For free.
Next fill 1/3 of the shaker up with ice. Pour in the two types of Bacardi and lemon sour mix. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
Toss some raspberries into each glass and strain the martini mixture over the top.
I spilled almost the entire contents of this glass all over my pants and broke the stem off the glass within five minutes of taking this picture :( I'm really great at spilling/knocking things over. Luckily I was the only one drinking martinis that night and still had the other half left for myself.
1) Place 1/4 lemon and 2 T of superfine sugar into a cocktail shaker and shake it up!
2) Fill 1/3 of the shaker up with ice. Add Bacardi Limon, Bacardi Razz, and lemon sour mix.
Shake 15-20 seconds and then strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with raspberries.
*How to make your own lemon sour mix*
You will need equal parts of water, white granulated sugar, and lemon juice to make this (ex. 1 c water, 1 c sugar, 1 c lemon juice). The amount you make depends on how many martinis you plan on making. I used 2 cups of each when I made it. Leftover sour mix can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated. This is handy if you decide to make more martinis later on in the week. Or month.
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Allow to cool completely (I sat my saucepan over a bowl of cool water to help speed up the process). Stir in lemon juice once cool.